I am the type of person that needs goals to keep on track. Lately, I’ve been slacking on setting any sort of goals and my well-being has been suffering because of it. I am feeling unmotivated and lazy.
But no more! This month I set goals in order to pull myself out of this slump. After today’s weigh in (up 1 pound from last week) I realized that if I want to continue to feel and look great, I need to have focus.
Without further ado…
June 2011 Goals
- Get 7.5 hours of sleep each night. This means going to be around 10:30 and waking at 6:00 during the week. I try to keep a similar schedule on the weekends, but that of course does not always happen.
- Drink more water. I am going to attempt to drink three 24 oz water bottles throughout the day, plus a large glass of water before I go to sleep and when I wake up in the morning.
- Do not eat past 8:30 PM. I hate putting a time frame on when I can eat, but I’ve found lately that I’ve been doing a lot of my eating late at night, despite not being hungry. By cutting myself off I am attempting to eliminate this unnecessary late night snacking.
- Run three days a week. My running has been very inconsistent following the Broad Street Run in the beginning of May. I start training for the Rock ‘n’ Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon at the end of June, but until then I want to commit to running at least three days during the week.
- Strength train twice a week. I have a very basic regime that I threw together, but I would like to read “The New Rules of Lifting For Woman” and perhaps follow that program if I can get my hands on it. Either way, I need to do more strength training!
- Stretch! I need to stretch more – that’s all there is to it.
- Budget for the month of June. I am trying to get a better idea of where all my money is going. I have created a spreadsheet for June’s income and expenses to get a better idea of how much money I am spending on certain things. This will hopefully help me to create a more clear budget for the following months and help me ultimately eliminate my debt and start saving.
- Continue to job hunt. The end of the school year means job openings for teachers. I plan to continue to apply for as many positions as possible in the hopes of landing a full- or part-time teaching job in August.
What are your goals for the month of June?